Before You Begin
In this article
Before you perform Instant VM Recovery, consider the following:
- You can restore a workload from a backup that has at least one successfully created restore point.
- If you restore a workload to the production network, make sure that the original workload is powered off.
- If you want to scan restored VM data for viruses, check the secure restore requirements and limitations.
- [For Veeam Quick Migration with Smart Switch] In addition to the disk space mentioned above, you need to provide more disk space in vPower NFS datastore. The minimum amount of free space must equal the RAM capacity of the recovered VM.
- [For Nutanix AHV VMs] Instantly restored VM will have default virtual hardware settings: 2 CPU cores, 4GB RAM and one network adapter. If you want to change the default settings, turn off the VM and set the required virtual resources. Note that you must not switch off the instant recovery session before turning off the VM.