Performing Backup and Recovery Operations
Veeam Backup & Replication is a comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery solution. With Veeam Backup & Replication, you can create image-level backups of virtual, physical, cloud machines and restore from them. Technology used in the product optimizes data transfer and resource consumption, which helps to minimize storage costs and the recovery time in case of a disaster.
Veeam Backup & Replication provides a centralized console for administering backup/restore/replication operations in all supported platforms (virtual, physical, cloud). Also, the console allows you to automate and schedule routine data protection operations and integrate with solutions for alerting and generating compliance reports.
Depending on which hypervisor environment you want to use Nutanix Mine, see one of the following guides to learn how to work with Veeam Backup & Replication:
- VMware vSphere: Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V: Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for Microsoft Hyper-V
- Nutanix AHV: Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide
- Physical servers: Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide, Veeam Agent for Linux User Guide
Main functionality of Veeam Backup & Replication includes:
- VM backup: creating image-level backups of virtual, physical machines.
- NAS backup: creating backups of NAS file shares.
- Restore: performing restore from backup files to the original or a new location.
- Replication: creating an exact copy of a VM and maintaining the copy in sync with the original VM. This functionality is available only for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP): replication technology that helps you protect mission-critical VMs and reach recovery point objective (RPO) up to seconds. This functionality is available only for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Backup Copy: copying backup files to a secondary repository.
- Storage Systems Support: backing up and restoring VMs using capabilities of native snapshots created on storage systems.
- Tape Devices Support: storing copies of backups in tape devices.
- Recovery Verification: testing VM backups and replicas before recovery. This functionality is available only for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Backup of Azure VMs, Amazon EC2 and RDS instances. To back up cloud objects, you must deploy additional plug-ins. For details, see the following guides: