Installing Veeam Data Mover Service
The Veeam Data Mover service performs data processing tasks on behalf of Veeam Backup & Replication, such as retrieving source machine data, performing data deduplication and compression, and storing backed-up data on the target storage. Starting from version 3.0, you can install the Veeam Data Mover service on Mine with Veeam repositories to enable certificate-based authentication. This allows Veeam Backup & Replication to disable SSH access to the repositories and, therefore, to improve the security of the solution. For more information, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Veeam Data Movers.
Before you install Veeam Data Mover on a repository, you must stop all running Veeam Backup & Replication jobs to prevent unexpected data loss and backup operation failures.
To install the Veeam Data Mover service on a repository, do the following:
- Log in to the Mine console. For more information, see Accessing Mine Console.
- Click Settings.
- On the Repositories tab of the Settings page, click Install next to the necessary repository.
If you install the Veeam Data Mover service on one repository, you must also install it on all other repositories displayed in the Repositories list. Otherwise, you may encounter unpredictable data transfer issues.
If the Veeam Data Mover service is already installed on a repository, the Install button will be replaced with the Update button that allows you to check whether any updates with bug fixes and improvements for the service are available. After you click the Update button, Veeam Backup & Replication will rescan the repository and update the Veeam Data Mover service if necessary.
After you install the Veeam Data Mover service on a repository, credentials that are used to access the repository may appear in the Veeam Backup & Replication console twice. To remove a duplicate record, do the following:
- Log in to the Veeam Backup & Replication console. For more information, see Accessing Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Manage Credentials from the main menu.
- In the list of the accounts added to Veeam Backup & Replication, find a pair of backup repository accounts with the same Account, Type and Description properties.
- Select the record with an earlier Last edited date and click Remove.