This example shows how to set us a SureBackup job for verifying a Microsoft Exchange server backups. The SureBackup job will use an application group containing the DC and the DNS server and a linked job that backs up the Microsoft Exchange server. The virtual lab and the application group are created in the previous sections: Working with VMware Virtual Lab and Working with VMware Application Group. The SureBackup job will be scheduled to run after the backup job.
Create a SureBackup Job
To create a SureBackup job, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Get the 'Microsoft Exchange Vlab' virtual lab with Get-VSBVirtualLab and assign it to a variable.
- Get the 'Production Application Group' application group with Get-VSBApplicationGroup and assign it to a variable.
- Get the 'Microsoft Exchange Server Backup' backup job with Get-VBRJob and assign it to a variable.
- Create the SureBackup job with Add-VSBJob. Set the virtual lab, the application group and the linked job using the created variables.
- Configure a job schedule using Set-VSBJobSchedule. Set it to run after the 'Microsoft Exchange Server Backup' backup job backup job.
// Get the virtual lab:
PS C:\PS> $vlab = Get-VSBVirtualLab -Name "Microsoft Exchange Vlab"
// Get the application group:
PS C:\PS> $appgroup = Get-VSBApplicationGroup -Name "Production Application Group"
// Get the backup job:
PS C:\PS> $backupjob = Get-VBRJob -Name "Microsoft Exchange Server Backup"
// Get the backup job and create the SureBackup job:
PS C:\PS> Add-VSBJob -Name "Microsoft Exchange Verification" -VirtualLab $vlab -AppGroup $appgroup -LinkedJob $backupjob
// Set the SureBackup job to run after the backup job:
PS C:\PS> Get-VSBJob -Name "Microsoft Exchange Verification" | Set-VSBJobSchedule -After -AfterJob $backupjob
Look for the SureBackup Job
Run Get-VSBJob to get the created SureBackup job.
PS C:\PS> Get-VSBJob -Name "Microsoft Exchange Verification"
Remove the SureBackup Job
Run Remove-VSBJob to remove the SureBackup job.
PS C:\PS> Get-VSBJob -Name "Microsoft Exchange Verification"| Remove-VSBJob