Consider the following when adding an object storage repository:
- Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition or higher is required to add object storage repositories to the backup infrastructure.
- Make sure to open required ports to communicate with object storage repositories in advance, as described in Used Ports.
- Make sure the S3 Compatible device you are adding supports AWS v4 signature. For more information about authentication requests, see this Amazon article.
- When adding Amazon S3 object storage, only the Standard and Standard-IA storage classes are supported. For more information about Amazon S3 storage classes, see this Amazon article.
- Object storage gateway appliances that are used to store backup data in filer (CIFS/NFS) or block device mode (iSCSI/FC/SAS) are not supported if the backup data is offloaded to object storage and is no longer stored directly on the appliance.
Such gateway appliances are only supported in the following cases:
- All of the backup data is stored on the appliance altogether (that is, all of the backup chains are stored on the appliance as a whole and not scattered across multiple devices) and only additional copies of the backup data are transported to object storage.
- These appliances emulate a tape system (VTL) as an access protocol for Veeam Backup & Replication.