Google Cloud Accounts
You can add to the backup infrastructure a credentials record for the Google Cloud account that will be used to connect to Google Cloud Storage. Veeam Backup & Replication uses these credentials to add a Google Cloud storage repository to the backup infrastructure as an external repository.
To create a record for a Google Cloud account:
- From the main menu, select Manage Cloud Credentials.
- Click Add > Google Cloud access key.
- In the Access Key and Secret key fields, specify the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) key associated with the Google Cloud account. Veeam Backup & Replication will use the HMAC key to authenticate requests to the Google Cloud Storage. To view the entered key, click and hold the eye icon on the right of the field. For more information on Google Cloud accounts, see the Google Cloud documentation.
If you have not created the HMAC key beforehand, you can do one of the following:
- Create the HMAC key in the Google Cloud console, as described in the Google Cloud documentation.
- Create the HMAC key in the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform console, as described in the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud User Guide.
- In the Description field, enter an optional description for the credentials record.