For information how to configure capacity tier, see Add Capacity Tier.
Synchronizing Capacity Tier Data
When you add as a capacity extent an object storage repository that contains offloaded backup data, you will be prompted to synchronize this data with the performance extents in the scale-out backup repository.
Consider the following:
- An object storage repository can only be added as a capacity extent after existing data (if any) is synchronized.
- During synchronization, Veeam Backup & Replication downloads backup files with metadata located in object storage to the extents that are part of the scale-out backup repository that is being added.
These files are created as described in Moving Inactive Backup Chains to Object Storage.
- Extents to which backup data is going to be downloaded (synchronized), will be selected automatically, depending on the available resources.
- The actual data blocks will not be downloaded and will continue to remain in object storage.
- When synchronizing encrypted storage, make sure to provide the same exact password with which the data was encrypted.
After the synchronization is complete, the associated backup files located in object storage will become available as imported and will be displayed in the Home view, under the Object Storage (Imported) node in the inventory pane.
The following figure shows an example of prompting you to synchronize existing object storage data with your extents.