Veeam Backup & Replication can operate in two functionality modes: full mode and free mode.
- When you run Veeam Backup & Replication in the full functionality mode, you get a commercial version of the product that provides access to all product functions (the list of available features depends on the product edition).
- When you run Veeam Backup & Replication in the free functionality mode, you get a free version of the product that offers limited capabilities. For more information, see documentation for Veeam Backup Free Edition at https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/free/.
If you have a valid license installed on the backup server, Veeam Backup & Replication operates in the full functionality mode. As soon as your license expires, Veeam Backup & Replication will notify you about it. Depending on the license type, you can do the following:
- [For trial and NFR license] Switch to the free mode. To do this, from the main menu select View > Free functionality only.
- [For paid license] Purchase a new paid license and replace the expired license with the new one.
You cannot switch to the free functionality mode if a valid trial or paid license is installed on the backup server. In this case, the View menu item will not be displayed in the main menu.
To switch back to the full mode, do either of the following:
- Install a valid license on the backup server. To do this, from the main menu select License. In the displayed window, click Install License and select the license file.
- From the main menu, select View > Full functionality. If you do not have a valid license installed, you will not be able to use the functionality provided by the full mode.