The storage system hierarchy can be very extensive, and the rescan process can take much time. To minimize the rescan time, you can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to rescan only specific volumes.
To limit the rescan scope:
- Open the Storage Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the storage system type.
- In the working area, right-click the root node of the storage system and click Edit Volumes. Select the volumes you want to rescan:
- To exclude volumes from rescan, select All volumes except and click Add. Click From infrastructure to select volumes from your storage infrastructure, or By wildcard to select volumes using a wildcard character.
- To rescan only specific volumes, select Only the following volumes and click Add. Click From infrastructure to select volumes from your storage infrastructure, or By wildcard to select volumes using a wildcard character.
- If you leave All existing volumes checkbox selected, Veeam Backup & Replication will rescan all volumes in the storage system hierarchy.
- Click OK. In the pop-up window, click Yes.
- To finalize the volume selection, right-click the relevant storage again and select Rescan storage.
You can also change the rescan scope by opening the storage system connection settings and navigating to the Access Options step of the wizard. For more information, see Specify Access Options.