Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore physical or virtual machines to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as instances.
You can use Veeam Backup & Replication to perform the following operations:
- Restore machines to Amazon EC2 from backups.
- Migrate machines from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
You can restore machines from the following types of backups:
- Backups of VMware vSphere or vCloud Director VMs created with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs created with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of Microsoft Windows or Linux machines created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux. Backups must be created at the entire machine level or volume level.
- Backups of EC2 instances created with Veeam Backup for Amazon EC2.
- Backups of Nutanix AHV VMs created with Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV.