Before you perform Instant VM Recovery, check the following prerequisites:
- If you are recovering a VM to the production network, make sure that the original VM is powered off to avoid conflicts.
- You must add the storage system to the backup infrastructure.
- You must check limitations for Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots. For more information, see Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots.
- [For storage systems working over Fibre Channel] To let Veeam Backup & Replication present snapshots of LUNs to an ESX(i) host, you must register the ESX(i) host with a WWN ID on the storage system.
- [For NetApp storage systems] Depending on the storage type, you may need to install additional licenses on the storage system. For more information, see Required Licenses for NetApp.