Step 6. [For Single VM] Select Destination for Recovered VM
The Destination step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change a location and settings of the single recovered VM.
Select a destination for the recovered VM:
- In the Restored VM name field, enter a name under which the recovered VM must be registered. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the original name of the VM. If you are restoring the VM to the same ESXi host or same datacenter where the original VM is registered, and the original VM still resides there, it is recommended that you change the VM name to avoid conflicts.
- In the Host field, specify a host on which the VM must run. Veeam Backup & Replication will create a clone/virtual copy of the storage snapshot, mount it to the selected ESXi host and start the VM on this ESXi host.
- In the VM folder field, select a folder to which you want to place the recovered VM.
- In the Resource pool list, select a resource pool to which you want to place the recovered VM.
- You can also customize the machine BIOS UUID. To do it, click Advanced and select either Preserve BIOS UUID or Generate new BIOS UUID.