At the Ready step of the wizard, review the restore settings. Here you can select an ESXi host to which the clone/virtual copy of the storage snapshot will be mounted. On the selected ESXi host, Veeam Backup & Replication will also place a helper appliance and mount disks of the restored VM to this helper appliance.
To specify a destination for the snapshot clone/virtual copy and helper appliance:
- Click the Customize link at the bottom of the window.
- In the Host field of the FLR Appliance Configuration window, select an ESXi host to which the snapshot clone must be mounted and on which the helper appliance must be registered.
- In the Resource pool field, specify a resource pool to which you want to place the helper appliance.
- Select a network for the helper appliance:
- On the right of the Network field, click Choose.
- In the Select Network window, Veeam Backup & Replication will display a list of networks to which the specified host is connected.
Mind that the backup server and the mount server must have access to the helper appliance over the network. The helper appliance must be placed in the same network where the backup server resides.
- Specify IP addressing settings for the helper appliance:
- If you use a DHCP server in the network, leave the Obtain an IP address automatically option selected.
- To manually assign the specific IP address to the helper appliance, select the Use the following IP address option and specify the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway address.
- To enable FTP access to the restored file system, select the Enable FTP server on appliance check box. As a result, your users will be able to access the helper appliance via FTP, browse the file system of the restored VM and download files on their own.
- If you are restoring a VM with the Novell Storage Services file system, select the Restore from Novell Storage Services (NSS) file system check box. Veeam Backup & Replication will deploy a specific helper appliance that supports the Novell Storage Services file system.
- Click OK.
When choosing an ESXi host for the helper appliance used for file-level restore from the Novell Storage Services file system, make sure that it allows running VMs with 64-bit guest OSes.