The Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite includes a set of rules that transfer Veeam MP data into the Microsoft Operations Management Suite and allow you to:
- Use proven Morning Coffee Dashboard® experience in the Microsoft Operations Management Suite workspace to monitor health of your Veeam backup infrastructure, VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- Access your monitoring data in a light-weight cloud solution from anywhere you have a browser.
- Get summary information on multiple management infrastructures in a single workspace.
- Enhance Microsoft Operations Management Suite capabilities with the Operations Manager health model to measure and represent monitored objects health.
- Review alerts on a large amount of datacenters and troubleshoot issues easily using built-in drill-downs.
For more information on the Microsoft Operations Management Suite solution, see www.microsoft.com
Before you install Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite, make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- You have a valid Veeam MP license installed. For more information on viewing and updating Veeam MP licensing information, see the Veeam MP for VMware Operations Guide and Veeam MP for Hyper-V User Guide.
- VMware and Hyper-V servers are enabled for monitoring. For more information on including and excluding servers from monitoring, see the Veeam MP for VMware User Guides and Veeam MP for Hyper-V User Guide.
- You have an Operations Management Suite subscription. For more information on OMS pricing politics, see www.microsoft.com
To work with Microsoft OMS workspaces, an Azure subscription is also required. Create an Azure account and sign in as described in this Microsoft article.
- The Root Management Server has access to Microsoft OMS. For more information on troubleshooting Operations Management Suite onboarding issues, see this Microsoft article.
Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite does not sufficiently influence the Microsoft OMS daily traffic quota. For example, for a large environment with 1000 VMs, 100 hosts and 100 datastores, Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite may require up to 60 MB per day to transfer collected data to the Microsoft OMS workspace.
In This Section
- Installing Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite
- Monitoring with Veeam Integration Pack for Operations Management Suite
- Changing Data Collection Interval with PowerShell Script