You can install Veeam MP for VMware components using various installation scenarios. Three of the back-end components (VE Service, Veeam UI and Collector) may be installed on separate servers. However the most common scenario is for one server to be installed with all three components, and additional Collector-only servers to be installed as and if required.
This section will detail the installation steps required for the most common scenarios:
- Veeam MP Auto-Deployment installation scenario is suitable for large environments with several Management Servers. It allows you to install Veeam MP for VMware back-end components on a single Management Server and automatically deploy Collectors on other Management Servers.
For details, see Veeam MP Auto-Deployment.
- Single-server installation scenario is the most suitable scenario for evaluation and proof of concept for Veeam MP for VMware. It allows you to install all Veeam MP for VMware back-end components on a single Management Server. This scenario offers a simplified installation procedure using the unified installer, and is suitable for environments of up to approximately 100 vSphere hosts.
For details, see Single-Server Installation.
- Collector-only installation scenario provides details on how to install the Veeam VMware Collector service only. This scenario has a pre-requisite of VE Service and Veeam UI already installed on another server.
For details, see Collector-Only Installation.
Before You Begin
Before you begin installation, take the following steps:
- Make sure that your environment meets the prerequisite conditions described in section System Requirements.
- Download the Veeam MP for VMware product installation VES_8.0 Update 6.iso file from the Veeam downloads page. You can burn the downloaded .iso image file to a CD/DVD or mount the installation image to the target machine using disk image emulation software.