You can create dynamic groups within predefined and custom categories with the Dynamic group type.
To create a dynamic group:
- Open Veeam ONE Business View.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- In the menu on the left, click Groups.
- Choose a category for which you want to create groups.
All categories are shown as tabs at the top of the groups list. To add groups for a specific category, open the necessary tab.
- At the top of the group list, click Grouping Expressions.
- In the Edit Grouping Expression window, specify an expression that Veeam ONE Business View must use to create groups and distribute virtual infrastructure objects in these groups.
At the bottom of the window, you can see what the result of the expression will look like for a random object. To see the expression result for a specific object (a specific VM, host, cluster or storage object), type the name of the object in the Choose sample object field.
For details on the syntax of grouping expressions and examples, see Appendix. Grouping Expressions Syntax and Examples.
- Click OK.
- Repeats steps 1-7 for every dynamic category.
After you save the grouping expression, Veeam ONE Business View will run the expression against the discovered virtual infrastructure objects to:
- Analyze properties of discovered infrastructure objects
- Create groups based on the analyzed properties
- Include virtual infrastructure objects in these groups
Results returned by the grouping expression will be displayed as the category groups.