Make sure that VM files data collection is disabled. VM files data collection task scans files on all datastores to gather data for reports. In large-scale environments with lots of datastores and files, this task may take a lot of time to complete.
Disabling VM files data collection significantly improves performance of the Veeam ONE Reporter data collection job, but results in data missing in the following reports:
- Garbage Files (VMware Optimization report pack)
- Orphaned VM Snapshots (VMware Optimization Pack)
By default, VM files data collection is disabled for the Optimized for Advanced Scalability Deployment and Backup Data Only collection modes in Veeam ONE 9.5 Update 1. In Veeam ONE 9.5, you must disable VM files data collection manually.
To check whether VM files data collection is disabled:
- On the machine where Veeam ONE Server component is installed, open the command prompt and run the following command to open Veeam ONE Settings utility in the administrator mode:
"%PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE Settings\VeeamOneSettings.exe" /admin
- In the menu on the left, select Reporter.
- Open the Registry tab.
- In the Data collection settings section, locate the Virtual machines files data collection entry and make sure its value is set to False.
- Click Save.
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK to apply changes and restart Veeam ONE services.