Step 2. Install Veeam ONE Server
Install the Veeam ONE Server component on a dedicated machine.
- Log on to the server, launch the Veeam ONE Setup wizard and go through the wizard steps.
- On the Setup Type step, choose Advanced.
- On the Program Features step, choose Veeam ONE Server.
- On the SQL Server Instance step, select Use existing instance of SQL Server. Specify the name of an existing Microsoft SQL Server and the name of the Veeam ONE database that will be created during setup.
If you have already pre-created the database as described at Step 1, specify the name of this database in the Database name field.
- On the Virtual Infrastructure Type step, click Skip virtual infrastructure configuration.
Connect virtual infrastructure and backup servers after installation. For recommendations, see Step 8. Connect Virtual Infrastructure and Backup Servers.
- On the Data Collection Mode step, make sure that the Optimized for Advanced Scalability option is selected.
If you plan to monitor and report on the Veeam Backup & Replication environment and operations only, select the Backup Data Only option. Note that if you choose this option, you will still need to connect virtual infrastructure servers.
- Complete the wizard steps and click Install.
For detailed installation instructions, see section Advanced Installation of the Veeam ONE Deployment Guide.