To improve Veeam ONE database performance, create partitioned tables and indexes:
- Download an archive with script files from here.
- Open the files for edit and perform the following changes:
- Locate the %UserName% parameter and specify instead of it name of a DB admin.
This can be sa or any domain account that has full control permissions on the Veeam ONE database.
- Locate %Path% parameter and specify instead of it a directory where database partitions must be created and stored.
- If the Veeam ONE database name is different from the default one, change the name of the database (VeeamOne) in the script.
Make sure you replace all references to the VeeamOne database in the script.
- Log on to the Microsoft SQL Server.
- Make sure that Microsoft SQL Agents are running.
- Execute both scripts.
- In the object explorer pane, expand the Veeam ONE database > Storage > Partition Schemes and Partition Functions nodes and make sure the following nodes are available:
- Partition Schemes: Low_ps_dt, Med_ps_dt
- Partition Functions: Low_pf_dt, Med_pf_dt
- Make sure that the directory with partition files includes files similar to the following: