Accessing Veeam ONE Client
To access Veeam ONE Client:
- Log on to the machine where Veeam ONE Client is installed.
- From the Microsoft Windows Programs menu, choose Veeam ONE Client.
- In the authentication window, specify the FQDN or IP address of a server where the Veeam ONE Server component runs and enter the credentials of the account used to connect to Veeam ONE Client. To connect using credentials of the account under which you are logged on to the machine, select the Use Windows session authentication check box.
The user account must either:
- Be a member of the Veeam ONE Administrators or Veeam ONE Read-Only Users group. For more information on user groups, see section Security Groups of the Veeam ONE Deployment Guide.
This prerequisite applies both to the VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Have permissions assigned to objects in the vCenter Server or vCloud Director inventory hierarchy. For more information on assigning permissions to objects, see Veeam ONE Multi-Tenant Monitoring and Reporting.
This prerequisite applies to the VMware vSphere platform only.
- Click Connect.
Other Ways to Access Veeam ONE Client
To gain a faster access to Veeam ONE Client, you can launch it without providing user credentials in the authentication window.
- To launch Veeam ONE Client under the account of a user that is currently logged to the machine, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file that resides in the installation directory and pass the /currentuser parameter. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /currentuser
- To launch Veeam ONE Client with explicit user credentials, in the command shell call the Monitor.exe file that resides in the installation directory and pass the /username and /password parameters. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Client\Monitor.exe" /username tech\john.smith /password PaSSw0rd
You can save this set of commands as a Windows shortcut and use it to quickly access Veeam ONE Client.