The General section groups configuration settings common for all Veeam ONE software components.
This section includes the following tabs:
On the Database tab, you can modify connection settings for the Veeam ONE database and the Microsoft SQL Server that hosts this database. By default, the fields are populated with the values specified during Veeam ONE installation.
To change database configuration settings:
- In the Server name field, specify the name of the SQL Server that hosts the Veeam ONE database.
- In the Database name field, specify the name of the database that stores Veeam ONE data.
- In the Command time-out field, specify the wait time in seconds for a command to execute on the Veeam ONE database.
By default, the time-out value is set to 18000 seconds (5 hours).
- From the Authentication list, select the type of authentication that Veeam ONE components must use to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server that hosts the Veeam ONE database.
- In the User name/Password fields, specify credentials of the Windows account used to connect to the Microsoft SQL Server that hosts the Veeam ONE database.
The credentials must be specified only if the authentication type is set to Windows Authentication. The user name must be specified in the domain\username format.
- Click Save to apply settings.
- To check if Veeam ONE can connect to the specified database using the specified connection settings, click Test.
To back up the Veeam ONE database to a BAK file, click Create Backup and specify the location where the database backup file must be saved.
In the Information section, you can view the Veeam ONE connection status and version number.
On the Retention Policy Period tab, you can modify the time period during which historical data is stored in the Veeam ONE database. By default, virtual and backup infrastructure performance data is retained for 12 months, and event data is stored for 3 months.
To modify the retention period:
- In the Virtual infrastructure performance data retention period field, specify the period for storing virtual infrastructure performance data, in months.
- In the Backup infrastructure performance data retention period field, specify the period for storing backup infrastructure performance data, in months.
- In the Retention period for events field, specify the period for storing events data.
You can specify a value from 1 to 36.
- Click Apply Retention.
On the Web Identity tab, you can change credentials of the account used to run the Veeam ONE Reporter website. Credentials of this account are specified during installation. In some cases, you might need to change these credentials (for example, if the password of the account has expired).
To modify the credentials of the web identity account:
- In the User name field, specify the account user name.
- In the Password field, specify the account password.
- Click Save.
On the Shortcuts tab, you can modify shortcut URLs used to access the Veeam ONE Reporter website. The shortcut URLs are used for Veeam ONE Reporter program shortcut created during installation.
In some cases, the Veeam ONE Reporter website URL may change — for example, if you change the name of the machine where the Veeam ONE Web UI component runs. In this case, you must update the website URL in Veeam ONE configuration settings.