Veeam Availability Console supports in-place upgrade that preserves setting and configuration of the previous versions. You can upgrade product components if you run Veeam Availability Console version 2.0 or 2.0 Update 1.
Before you begin:
If you deployed Veeam Availability Console using a distributed installation scenario, you must first update the Server component, and then the Web UI component.
To update Veeam Availability Console to version 3.0, perform the following steps:
- Download the latest version of Veeam Availability Console installation image from www.veeam.com/downloads.html.
- Log on as Administrator to the machine where Veeam Availability Console server component is installed.
- Mount the installation image using disk image emulation software or burn the downloaded image to a CD/DVD.
If you are installing Veeam Availability Console on a VM, use built-in tools of the virtualization management software to mount the installation image to the VM.
- Run the Setup.exe file from the image to launch the setup splash screen.
- On the splash screen, click the Upgrade tile to launch the Veeam Availability Console Setup wizard.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, read and accept the Veeam license agreement and 3rd party components license agreement.
If you do not accept the license agreement terms, you will not be able to continue the installation.
- At the Upgrade step of the wizard, review the components to upgrade.
- At the Provide License Key step of the wizard, click Browse and point to the Veeam Availability Console license file.
- At the System Configuration Check step of the wizard, check what prerequisite software is missing.
Before proceeding with the upgrade, the installer will perform system configuration check to determine if all prerequisite software is available on the machine. To learn what software is required for Veeam Availability Console, see System Requirements.
If some of the required software components are missing, the setup wizard will offer you to install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically. To install the missing software components and enable missing features automatically, click the Install button.
You can cancel automatic software installation. In this case, you will need to install the missing software components and enable missing features manually (otherwise, you will not be able to proceed to the next step of the setup wizard). After you install and enable all required software components, click Re-run to repeat the system configuration check.
- At the Service Account step of the wizard, specify password for the account under which Veeam Availability Console services run.
- At the Security Certificates step of the wizard, select certificate that will be used to establish secure connection with Veeam Availability Console Server component.
- [For upgrade from Veeam Availability Console version 2.0] At the Port Configuration step of the wizard, specify a number of the port that will be used to interact with ConnectWise Manage plugin.
The default port number is 9996.
- At the Ready to Install step of the wizard, click Install to begin Veeam Availability Console upgrade.