By default, alarms aimed to monitor client backup infrastructures are assigned to all departments and locations. If you do not want to check alarm conditions for a specific department or location, you can exclude this department or location from the alarm assignment scope. As a result, the alarm will never be triggered for the excluded department or location, even if the alarm conditions are met.
To change the assignment scope for one or more alarms:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Notifications.
- Open the Alarms Management tab.
- Select one or more alarms in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Assign.
- In the Assign Alarm window, clear check boxes next to departments and locations that must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Clear the All newly created departments check box if all new departments you register in future must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Clear the All newly created locations check box if all new locations you create in future must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Click Apply.
After you exclude a department or location from the alarm assignment scope, you can check the excluded objects. To do so, find the necessary alarm in the list and click the Review link in the Exclusions column. In the Assign Alarm window, you can check and modify the alarm assignment scope if required.