Instead of creating a new backup policy from scratch, you can create a copy of an existing backup policy and modify its settings. This can be useful if you need to create a set of similar backup policies with only a few settings that differ.
To create a copy of a backup policy:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Backup Policies.
- Select the necessary policy in the list.
To find a backup policy, you can use the following controls:
- Use the search field to find a backup policy by name.
- Use the Type filter to show backup policies for workstations or servers only.
- Use the Policy Type filter to show only predefined backup policies, policies created by the provider or policies created in the Client Portal.
- Use the Policy Access Type filter to show only private or public policies.
- At the top of the list, click Copy.
- At the Backup Policy Name step of the wizard, change the name and description of a policy copy.
- Modify the necessary policy settings as described in Creating Backup Policies.
- Save changes.