In Veeam Availability Console, company's remote or branch offices are represented as departments. A department is a company organizational unit that consumes backup services managed by the company, including:
- Deployment, configuration and management of Veeam backup agents on computers in a department.
- Management of Veeam Backup & Replication installations and jobs for a department.
- Hosting in the cloud backups and replicas created with Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam backup agents for a department.
To work with a department in Veeam Availability Console, you must register an account for this department.
Each department that has a registered account in Veeam Availability Console can access the Client Portal to view chargeback reports, manage Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication jobs, and so on. For information on Veeam Availability Console features available to department users, see Veeam Availability Console User Guide for Enterprises.
As a Portal Administrator, you can perform the following management operations with departments: create new departments, modify department properties, delete departments, disable and enable departments, and manage department locations.
In This Section
- Creating Departments
- Sending Welcome Email Message
- Disabling and Enabling Departments
- Modifying Department Settings
- Removing Departments
- Viewing and Exporting Department Details