In Veeam Availability Console, company's remote or branch offices are represented as departments. A department is a company organizational unit that consumes backup services managed by the company, including:
- Deployment, configuration and management of Veeam backup agents on computers in a department.
- Management of Veeam Backup & Replication installations and jobs for a department.
- Hosting in the cloud backups and replicas created with Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam backup agents for a department.
To work with a department in Veeam Availability Console, you must register an account for this department.
Each department that has a registered account in Veeam Availability Console can access the Client Portal to view chargeback reports, manage Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication jobs, and so on. For information on Veeam Availability Console features available to department users, see Veeam Availability Console User Guide for Enterprises.
In the Administrator Portal, you can perform the following management operations with departments: create new departments, modify department properties, delete departments, disable and enable departments, and manage department locations.
In This Section
- Creating Departments
- Sending Welcome Email Message
- Disabling and Enabling Departments
- Modifying Department Settings
- Removing Departments
- Viewing and Exporting Department Details