To calculate the cost of services provided to a department, you must generate a chargeback report. A chargeback report is a PDF document that shows the cost of consumed services in accordance with a chargeback template assigned to a department.
To create a chargeback report:
- In the menu on the left, under Reporting click Chargeback Reports.
- Open the Report Configuration tab.
- Select a client department in the list and click Run.
- Wait until the status of the chargeback report generation task in the Status column changes to Success.
- Open the All Reports tab.
- Locate the generated chargeback report in the list and click the link in the Chargeback Report column to download the chargeback report in the PDF format.
- Open the downloaded document and check the total amount.
The total amount specified in the chargeback report must include the charge rate for managed backup services ($50) plus a charge rate for managed VM ($10 per VM) multiplied by the number of managed VMs.
Send a chargeback notification to a client department:
- On the All Reports tab, select the generated chargeback report and click Send.
The chargeback report will be sent at the email address that you specified in the Department Info settings for the client department at step 2.
- If you specified your own email address for evaluation purposes, open your mail box and check how the notification looks like.
For more information about working with chargeback reports, see Managing Chargeback Reports.