To store backups in the cloud, you must allocate cloud repository resources to a department. For this scenario, you will create a cloud repository to store 500 GB of backup data, 20 managed VMs, and will set the amount of download traffic to 500 GB.
To configure a cloud repository for a department:
- At the top left corner, click Exit Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Departments.
- Select a department you created for the previous scenarios and click Edit.
- Go to the Backup Resources step of the wizard and click Add.
- In the Set Quota window, specify the following settings:
- In the Cloud repository name field, type the name of a new repository.
- In the Backup Repository list, choose an underlying backup repository on the Veeam Cloud Connect server that will actually provide storage resources for the cloud repository.
- In the Quota section, specify 500 GB.
- Clear the Set unlimited quota check box.
- In the VMs quota section, specify 20.
- In the Data transfer out quota section, specify 500 GB.
- Click OK.
- At the Chargeback step of the wizard, check the chargeback template that is assigned to the department.
This chargeback template must include charge rates for cloud resources, as described in Specify Cloud Rates in Chargeback Template section.
- At the Bandwidth step of the wizard, you can limit the amount of traffic coming from the department to the cloud, and specify the maximum number of processing tasks that can run concurrently on the cloud repository.
For this scenario, it is not required to limit the amount of traffic or the number of tasks. You can keep the default values at this step.
- Click Finish to save the department configuration.
For more information about departments, see Managing Departments.