Veeam Availability Console supports several methods for installing and configuring Veeam backup agents on computers in the client infrastructure:
- You can configure and run discovery rules in Veeam Availability Console (recommended)
- You can use 3rd party automation tools, such as GPO
- You can install the software manually, and register it with Veeam Availability Console
In this scenario, you will install Veeam backup agents using a discovery rule. The rule will detect computers within the client AD domain, install Veeam backup agents on discovered computers, and configure backup jobs.
To perform discovery and install Veeam backup agents:
- Install a master agent on a client computer.
- Configure a discovery rule and start discovery.
- Check discovery and installation results.