Veeam Availability Console is a cloud-enabled platform for centralized management and monitoring of data protection operations and services. The solution is intended for physical and virtual environments protected with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows (further referred to as Veeam backup agent) and Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Availability Console allows enterprises to streamline backup operations in remote and branch offices (ROBO), or other distributed locations.
For client departments that act as backup service consumers, Veeam Availability Console offers a Client Portal. The Client Portal is a private workspace for client department users where they can perform self-service tasks, without contacting the provider of backup services.
The Client Portal can be used by departments that:
- Have their Veeam backup agents managed in Veeam Availability Console
- Have their Veeam Backup & Replication installations managed in Veeam Availability Console
- Store backups and replicas created with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication in the cloud that is powered by Veeam Cloud Connect
Departments working with the Client Portal get access to the following services and tools:
- Automated deployment, configuration and management of Veeam backup agents. You can automate deployment and configuration of Veeam backup agents on machines in local and remote networks, manage backup jobs, and monitor the status of data protection operations for computers protected with Veeam backup agents.
- Centralized monitoring and management of Veeam Backup & Replication. You can manage Veeam Backup & Replication jobs configured to protect virtual machines, run failover plans, monitor and report on the status of data protection operations in virtual environments, or connect to backup servers remotely.
- Resource monitoring for Veeam Cloud Connect. You can monitor consumption of cloud repository and cloud host resources allocated for storing backups and replicas created with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Self-service monitoring and backup reporting. You can track the amount of consumed resources and provided services, view and download chargeback reports generated by the service provider, and create backup reports showing whether you meet established RPO requirements.
This document describes how to work with the Veeam Availability Console Client Portal. The document scope is limited to functionality available in the Client Portal, and does not cover features available in the Administrator Portal. For information on Veeam Availability Console features available in the Administrator Portal, see Veeam Availability Console Administrator Guide for Enterprises.