By default, all alarms are assigned to all locations of your department. If you do not want to check alarm conditions for a specific location, you can exclude this location from the alarm assignment scope. As a result, the alarm will never be triggered for the excluded location, even if the alarm conditions are met.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Department Owner, Department Administrator.
Changing Alarm Assignment Scope
To change the assignment scope for one or more alarms:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Alarms Management.
- Select one or more alarms in the list.
- At the top of the alarm list, click Assign.
- In the Assign Alarm window, clear check boxes next to locations that must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Clear the All newly created locations check box if all new locations you create in future must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Click Apply.
After you exclude one or more locations from the alarm assignment scope, you can check the excluded objects. To do so, find the necessary alarm in the Alarms Management list and click the Review link in the Exclusions column. In the Assign Alarm window, check and modify the alarm assignment scope if required.