You can create new department locations to differentiate backup services and cloud resources consumed by offices or business units in your department.
To perform the task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Department Owner, Department Administrator.
How to Create Locations
To create a new department location:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Locations.
- At the top of the location list, click New.
- In the New Location window, specify location settings:
- In the Name field, specify a location name.
- In the Cloud repository storage quota field, specify the maximum amount of cloud repository space that must be available for this location. This amount cannot be greater that the total cloud repository storage quota for your department.
The specified cloud repository storage quota is used as a threshold for the Summary dashboard and for the Department location cloud storage quota alarm. It does not limit the actual amount of data that can be uploaded from the location to cloud repositories.
- Click OK.
When you create a new location, the cloud repository storage quota of the Default location is decreased by the amount of the cloud repository storage quota set for the new location.
What to Do Next
After you create new locations, you can define what machines and what users will be associated with the new location. For details, see Setting Locations.