Deploy Veeam Availability Console management agents on client computers, and configure these agents to communicate with Veeam Availability Console:
To install a management agent on a client computer:
- Copy the agent setup file to a location accessible from the machine where you want to install the management agent.
- Log on to the machine as an Administrator.
- Double-click the agent setup file to launch the Veeam Availability Console Communication Agent wizard.
- Follow steps of the wizard.
- At the last step of the wizard, click Install.
- When installation completes, click Finish to close the wizard.
The agent will be installed by the following path: %ProgramFiles%\Veeam\Availability Console\CommunicationAgent.
To configure a management agent:
- In the icon tray, right-click the management agent icon and choose Agent Settings.
If the icon is hidden, display hidden icons, find Veeam.MBP.Agent.Configurator in the list of notification area icons, and choose to show the icon and notifications for it.
- In the Veeam Master Agent Settings window, specify settings that the agent must use to connect to Veeam Availability Console.
- In the Cloud Gateway field, type FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway.
- In the Port field, specify the port on the cloud gateway that is used to transfer data to Veeam Availability Console.
- In the Username and Password fields, type user credentials of a Department Owner.
- In the Veeam Master Agent Settings window, click Apply.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to restart the management agent.
- Wait for the agent to connect to Veeam Availability Console.
When the agent connects to Veeam Availability Console, the status in the Veeam Master Agent Settings window will be displayed as Connected. The agent icon in the icon tray will turn blue.
- [Recommended] Validate the certificate that will be used to secure traffic between the agent and Veeam Availability Console.
This step is optional but highly recommended, as it guarantees that the Veeam Availability Console server is what it claims to be, and the agent can securely communicate data to it.
If at some stage you change the certificate for Veeam Cloud Connect, and Veeam Availability Console, you can update the thumbprint as described in How to Change Certificate Thumbprint for Management Agents.
- Click the Verify Security Certificate link.
- In the Specify certificate thumbprint for verification field, paste the thumbprint of a certificate that is installed on the Veeam Availability Console and Veeam Cloud Connect servers.
The thumbprint is used to verify the authenticity of the certificate installed on the Veeam Availability Console and Veeam Cloud Connect servers.
- Click Verify to verify the certificate.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
- In the Veeam Master Agent Settings window, click Close.