As a rule, when a Veeam Availability Console management agent is deployed, it is configured to use a Company Owner account to connect to Veeam Availability Console. However, management agents that run together with Veeam backup agents can connect to Veeam Availability Console under a subtenant account, instead of the Company Owner account.
You can modify an account under which a management agent connects to Veeam Availability Console.
- If an agent uses a Company Owner account, you may need to change it to a subtenant account.
- If an agent uses a subtenant account, you can change it to the company Owner account.
To change a connection account for a management agent:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
For more details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, under Clients click Discovery.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab.
- Click Filter. In the Select agent status to display section, select the Installed, Warning or Inaccessible check boxes. Click Apply.
The list of discovered computers will display computers with management agents installed.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Management Agent and choose Edit Connection.
- In the Veeam Management Agent Connection Settings window, specify a user name and password for a new connection account.
- A Company Owner user name must be specified in the following format: Company.
- A subtenant user name must be specified in the following format: <company_username>\<subtenant_username>.
- Click Apply.
The management agent on a client computer will be restarted using the new connection account settings.