To perform on-going management and troubleshooting, you can connect to client Veeam Backup & Replication servers using the Remote Backup Console.
The Remote Backup Console is a client-side component that provides access to a remote backup server. The console allows you to log in to Veeam Backup & Replication and perform all kinds of data protection and disaster recovery operations as if you work on the local backup server.
For details on using Remote Backup Console, see Using Remote Access Console.
The remote connection using Remote Backup Console is available if the Veeam Cloud Connect server and client Veeam Backup & Replication servers run Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 or later.
Installing Remote Backup Console
To install Remote Backup Console:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console as a Portal Administrator, Site Administrator or Portal Operator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Do one of the following:
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery and open the Discovered Backup Servers tab.
- In the menu on the left, click Backup Jobs and open the Managed Backup Servers tab.
- At the top of the list, click Download Remote Backup Console.
Save the Remote Backup Console setup file to a location that is accessible from a machine where you plan to install the console.
- Log on to a machine where you plan to install the Remote Backup Console as a local Administrator.
- Launch the Remote Backup Console setup file and follow the steps of the setup wizard.
- At the last step of the wizard, click Finish.
Connecting to Client Veeam Backup & Replication Servers
To connect to client Veeam Backup & Replication servers, you can also use the following instruments:
- Remote Access Console — allows you to log on to the client Veeam Backup & Replication server and perform the required operations in Veeam Backup & Replication.
For details, see Connecting to Tenant with Remote Access Console.
- Remote Desktop Connection client — allows you to launch a remote session over the RDP protocol and log on to the Microsoft Windows OS running on the client Veeam Backup & Replication server.
For details, see Launching Remote Desktop Session to Tenant.