To perform on-going management and troubleshooting, you can connect to Veeam Backup & Replication servers using the Backup & Replication Console.
The Backup & Replication Console is a client-side component that provides access to a remote backup server. The console allows you to log in to Veeam Backup & Replication and perform all kinds of data protection and disaster recovery operations as if you work on the local backup server.
For details on Veeam Backup & Replication Console, see section Backup & Replication Console of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator, Portal Operator.
Installing Backup & Replication Console
To install Backup & Replication Console:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Do one of the following:
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery and open the Discovered Backup Servers tab.
- In the menu on the left, click Backup Jobs and open the Virtual Machines tab.
- At the top of the list, click Download Remote Backup Console.
Save the Remote Backup Console setup file to a location that is accessible from a machine where you plan to install the console.
- Log on to a machine where you plan to install the Remote Backup Console as a local Administrator.
- Launch the Backup & Replication Console setup file and follow the steps of the setup wizard.
- At the last step of the wizard, click Finish.
Connecting to Client Veeam Backup & Replication Servers
To connect to client Veeam Backup & Replication servers, you can use the following instruments:
- Remote Access Console — allows you to log on to the client Veeam Backup & Replication server and perform the required operations in Veeam Backup & Replication.
For details, see section Remote Access Console of the Veeam Cloud Connect Administrator Guide.
- Remote Desktop Connection client — allows you to launch a remote session over the RDP protocol and log on to the Microsoft Windows OS running on the client Veeam Backup & Replication server.
For details, see section Launching Remote Desktop Session to Tenant of the Veeam Cloud Connect Administrator Guide.