To store backups in the cloud, you must allocate cloud repository resources to a company. For this scenario, you will create a cloud repository that will allow storing 500 GB of backup data, 20 VMs, and will limit the amount of download traffic to 500 GB.
To configure a cloud repository for a company:
- At the top left corner, click Exit Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, under Clients click Companies.
- Select a company you created for the previous scenarios and click Edit.
- Go to the Backup Resources step of the wizard and click Add.
- In the Set Quota window, specify the following settings:
- In the Cloud repository name field, type the name of a new repository.
- In the Backup Repository list, choose an underlying backup repository on the Veeam Cloud Connect server that will actually provide storage resources for the cloud repository.
- In the Quota section, specify 500 GB.
- Clear the Set unlimited quota check box.
- In the VMs quota section, specify 20.
- In the Data transfer out quota section, specify 500 GB.
- Click OK.
- At the Billing step of the wizard, check the subscription plan that is assigned to the company.
This subscription plan must include charge rates for cloud resources, as described in Step 1. Specify Cloud Rates in Subscription Plan.
- At the Bandwidth step of the wizard, you can limit the amount of traffic coming from the company to the cloud, and specify the maximum number of processing tasks that can run concurrently on the cloud repository.
For this evaluation scenario, it is not required to limit the amount of traffic or the number of tasks. You can keep the default values at this step.
- Click Finish to save the company configuration.
For more information about companies, see Managing Companies.