To follow scenarios described in this guide, you must deploy Veeam Availability Console. For evaluation purposes, you can use 'all-in-one' on premise deployment, with all Veeam Availability Console components installed on the same machine. The machine must run a latest 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows, and can be physical or virtual.
In the 'all-in-one' scenario, the same machine will perform the following roles:
- It will host Veeam Availability Console
- It will act as the Veeam Cloud Connect server
- It will perform the role of a cloud gateway server
To deploy Veeam Availability Console infrastructure components:
- Obtain an installation image of Veeam Availability Console and mount it to a Microsoft Windows machine.
- Log on to the machine as a local Administrator.
- Install Veeam Availability Console from an installation image.
- Install Veeam Backup & Replication from an installation image.
- Configure Veeam Cloud Connect components required by Veeam Availability Console: set up a certificate and deploy a cloud gateway locally on the machine.
Detailed installation instructions are out of the scope of this document. For deployment details, see Veeam Availability Console Deployment Guide.