About Veeam Service Provider Console
Veeam Service Provider Console is a cloud-enabled platform for centralized management and monitoring of data protection operations and services. The solution is intended for physical and virtual environments protected with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Mac (further referred to as Veeam backup agents) and Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Service Provider Console allows service providers to deliver Veeam-powered Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) services to their customers.
For client companies that act as backup service consumers, Veeam Service Provider Console offers a Client Portal. The Client Portal is a private workspace for client company users where they can perform self-service tasks, without contacting the provider of backup services.
The Client Portal can be used by companies that:
- Have their Veeam backup agents managed in Veeam Service Provider Console
- Have their Veeam Backup & Replication installations managed in Veeam Service Provider Console
- Store backups and replicas created with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication in the cloud that is powered by Veeam Cloud Connect
Companies working with the Client Portal get access to the following services and tools:
- Automated deployment, configuration and management of Veeam backup agents. You can automate deployment and configuration of Veeam backup agents on machines in local and remote networks, manage backup jobs, and monitor the status of data protection operations for computers protected with Veeam backup agents.
- Centralized monitoring and management of Veeam Backup & Replication. You can manage Veeam Backup & Replication jobs configured to protect virtual machines, run failover plans, monitor and report on the status of data protection operations in virtual environments, or connect to backup servers remotely.
- Resource monitoring for Veeam Cloud Connect. You can monitor consumption of cloud repository and cloud host resources allocated for storing backups and replicas created with Veeam backup agents and Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Self-service monitoring and backup reporting. You can track the amount of consumed resources and provided services, view and download invoices generated by the service provider, and create backup reports showing whether you meet established RPO requirements.
- REST API. If your service provider enabled REST API access for you, you can perform most of the operations that are available with Web UI using Veeam Service Provider Console REST API. For details, see REST API Reference.
For more detailed description of Veeam Service Provider Console capabilities available for managed Veeam products, see Veeam Service Provider Console Capability Overview.
This document describes how to work with the Veeam Service Provider Console Client Portal. The document scope is limited to functionality available in the Client Portal, and does not cover features available in the Administrator Portal and Reseller Portal. For details on Veeam Service Provider Console features available in the Administrator Portal, see Guide for Service Providers. For details on Veeam Service Provider Console features available in the Reseller Portal, see Guide for Resellers.