As a rule, when a Veeam Availability Console management agent is deployed, it is configured to use a Company Owner account to connect to Veeam Availability Console. However, management agents that run together with Veeam backup agents can connect to Veeam Availability Console under a subtenant account, instead of the Company Owner account.
You can modify an account under which a management agent connects to Veeam Availability Console.
- If an agent uses a Company Owner account, you may need to change it to a subtenant account.
- If an agent uses a subtenant account, you can change it to the company Owner account.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Company Owner, Location Administrator.
Changing Management Agent Connection Account
To change a connection account for a management agent:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab.
- Click Filter. In the Select agent status to display section, select the Installed, Warning or Inaccessible check boxes. Click Apply.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Management Agent and choose Edit Connection.
- In the Veeam Management Agent Connection Settings window, specify a user name and password for a new connection account.
The list of discovered computers will display computers with management agents installed.
- A Company Owner user name must be specified in the following format: <company_name>.
- A subtenant user name must be specified in the following format: <company_name>\<subtenant_username>.
- Click Apply.
The management agent on a client computer will be restarted using the new connection account settings.