Installing Veeam Backup Agents with 3rd Party Automation Tools (GPO Example)
You can use 3rd party automation tools to streamline deployment of Veeam backup agents and Veeam Service Provider Console management agents. This section provides guidelines on how to automate deployment using Windows Group Policies.
This method does not require you to perform preliminary discovery of remote computers in Veeam Service Provider Console.
Before you install Veeam backup agents, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure you have an account with local Administrator permissions on all computers.
- If you plan to apply a backup policy as part of the installation procedure, create a new backup policy or check and if necessary customize one of the predefined policies.
For details, see Configuring Backup Policies.
Obtain the following data from the service provider:
- FQDN or IP address of a cloud gateway
- Port on the cloud gateway used to transfer backup data to and from cloud repositories
- User credentials for connecting to the service provider (Company Owner credentials)
- Thumbprint of a certificate that is installed on the Veeam Service Provider Console and Veeam Cloud Connect servers
Installing Veeam Backup Agents
To install Veeam backup agents with 3rd party automation tools, perform the following steps:
Deploy and configure Veeam Service Provider Console management agents on client computers using Group Policies.
Install Veeam backup agents on client computers.