Install Veeam backup agents on client computers. You can use one of the following installation methods.
To perform the task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
You can initiate installation of Veeam backup agents in Veeam Service Provider Console. After you initiate installation, Veeam Service Provider Console management agents on client computers will download the Veeam backup agent setup file from the Veeam Installation Server over the Internet, install Veeam backup agents and assign a backup policy.
To ensure that Veeam backup agents can be installed on client computers, make sure that:
If for some reason, you cannot download the Veeam backup agent setup file from the Veeam Installation Server, you can obtain the supported version of the setup file, and place it by the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Veeam Availability Console\AgentPackage\VeeamAgentWindows.exe path on a client computer. When you initiate installation in Veeam Service Provider Console, this setup file will be used to install Veeam backup agent on a client computer. To automate upload of setup files, you can use 3rd party tools, like GPO. For details on how to upload the Veeam backup agent setup file using GPO, see How to Upload Veeam Backup Agent Setup File to Client Computers with GPO.
To initiate Veeam backup agent installation:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Do one of the following:
- [For Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator] In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- [For Service Provider Operator] In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab.
- Select check boxes next to the necessary computers.
- Click Install Backup Agent.
The Install Backup Agent window will be displayed.
- In the Backup policy to apply list, choose a backup policy that must be applied as part of the installation process.
The chosen backup policy will be used to configure backup job settings after installing Veeam backup agents. You can select No policy if you do not want to configure backup job settings as part of installation.
To configure a new backup policy, click Create New and configure a new backup policy. For details, see Configuring Backup Policies.
If you want to view the summary of the chosen backup policy configuration, click Show.
- By default, the read-only access mode is enabled for all Veeam backup agents. To disable the read-only access mode for Veeam backup agents, set the Enable read only UI access for the backup agent toggle to Off.
For details on the read-only access mode for Veeam backup agents, see Enabling Read-Only Access Mode.
- To push global settings for Veeam backup agents, click Configure and specify default global settings for Veeam backup agents. For details on the global settings for Veeam backup agents, see Configuring Veeam Backup Agent Global Settings.
- Click Apply.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
The installation process may take up to several minutes.
Installing Veeam Backup Agents Outside Veeam Service Provider Console
You can install Veeam backup agents outside Veeam Service Provider Console:
- Install Veeam backup agents on computers you want to protect.
You can use the installation wizard or install the software in the unattended mode.
For details, see section Installing Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- Activate Veeam backup agents in Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Activating Veeam Backup Agents.