As a rule, when a Veeam Service Provider Console management agent is deployed, it is configured to use a Company Owner account to connect to Veeam Service Provider Console. However, management agents that run together with Veeam backup agents can connect to Veeam Service Provider Console under a subtenant account, instead of the Company Owner account.
You can modify an account under which a management agent connects to Veeam Service Provider Console.
- If an agent uses a Company Owner account, you may need to change it to a subtenant account.
- If an agent uses a subtenant account, you can change it to the company Owner account.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Changing Management Agent Connection Account
To change a connection account for a management agent:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Do one of the following:
- [For Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator] In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- [For Service Provider Operator] In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab.
- Click Filter. In the Select agent status to display section, select the Installed, Warning or Inaccessible check boxes. Click Apply.
The list of discovered computers will display computers with management agents installed.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Management Agent and choose Edit Connection.
- In the Veeam Management Agent Connection Settings window, specify a user name and password for a new connection account.
- A Company Owner user name must be specified in the following format: <company_name\user_name>.
- A subtenant user name must be specified in the following format: <company_name>\<subtenant_username>.
- Click Apply.
The management agent on a client computer will be restarted using the new connection account settings.