Backing Up Configuration Settings
You can back up and restore the configuration database of AHV Backup Proxy. If the AHV Backup Proxy fails for some reason, you can re-deploy the AHV Backup Proxy and quickly restore its configuration from the configuration backup file.
When you perform a configuration backup, AHV Backup Proxy retrieves data from the configuration database, writes this data into a set of JSON and DAT files and archives these files to a ZIP file. The default naming scheme for the configuration backup file is config_AhvProxyName-DD_MM_YYYY_HH_MM_SS.zip.
AHV Backup Proxy export information about the following objects:
- Backups and snapshots created by AHV Backup Proxy
- Backup and snapshot jobs created by AHV Backup Proxy
- Events: performed job sessions and configuration changes
- AHV Backup Proxy appliance settings
To back up the configuration database of AHV Backup Proxy, do the following.
- At the main panel of the web console, click the settings icon and select Appliance Settings.
- At the Summary tab of the Appliance Settings section, click Config Backup.
- In the Configuration Backup window, select items that you want to back up:
- Common: configuration settings, added Nutanix AHV clusters, Veeam Backup & Replication servers, backup jobs, and so on.
- Events: list of events and event details.
- In the Protect passwords in exported files section, specify a password which will be used to decrypt saved passwords.
- Click Download.
Configuration data will be downloaded to your machine.