You can back up and restore the configuration database of Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV. Periodic configuration backups reduce the risk of data loss and minimize the administrative overhead if any problem with the backup servers occurs.
During configuration backup, the proxy appliance exports data from the configuration database and saves it to your machine. If the proxy appliance fails for some reason, you can re-deploy the proxy appliance and quickly restore its configuration from the configuration backup file. For details, see Restoring Configuration Settings.
To back up the configuration database of Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV, do the following.
- At the top-right corner of the main menu, click the gear icon and select Appliance Settings.
- At the Summary tab of the Appliance Settings section, click Config Backup.
- Select the items that you want to back up:
- Common: configuration settings, added Nutanix clusters, Veeam B&R servers, backup jobs, and so on.
- Events: list of events and event details.
- Specify and confirm the password to protect the exported files.
- Click Download.
Configuration data will be downloaded to your machine.