To work with Veeam backup repository, users must have access permissions on the server. Permissions can be granted to security principles such as users or AD groups. Users with granted permissions can store backups on Veeam backup repositories and restore data from such backups.
To grant access permissions on a backup repository, do the following.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication UI, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the Inventory pane, click the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, right-click the backup repository and select Access Permissions.
If the Access Permissions command is not available, press and hold the [CTRL] key on the keyboard, right-click the backup repository and select Access Permissions.
- In the Access Permissions window, specify to whom you want to grant access permissions on this backup repository:
- Allow to everyone — select this option if you want all users to be able to store backups on this backup repository. Setting access permissions to Everyone is equal to granting access rights to the Everyone Microsoft Windows group (Anonymous users are excluded).
- Allow to the following accounts or groups only — select this option if you want only specific users to be able to store backups on this backup repository. Click Add to add the necessary users and groups to the list.
- If you want to encrypt backup files stored on the backup repository, select the Encrypt backups stored on this repository check box and choose the necessary password from the list below.
For details, see Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories.