With Instant VM Recovery, you can immediately restore a VM into your production environment by running it directly from the compressed and deduplicated backup file. Instant VM Recovery helps to improve recovery time objectives, minimize disruption and downtime of production VMs.
Instant recovery is supported for VMs created by the proxy appliance with a Hyper-V host. The Hyper-V host must be added to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. Instant recovery does not work with AHV hosts/clusters due to AHV restrictions. VM snapshots in AHV offer fast restore if they are available.
To perform instant recovery to a Hyper-V VM, perform the following.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication UI, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups node.
- In the working area, expand the necessary backup.
- Right-click the VM which you want to restore and select Instant Recovery to Hyper-V VM.
- Follow the steps of the Instant VM Recovery wizard. For details, see Performing Instant Recovery.
Make sure the required Hyper-V server is added to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.