Step 2. Select VM and Restore Point
At the Machines step of the wizard, you can add more workloads that you want to recover. To select workloads:
- Click Add and select where to browse for the necessary workloads:
- From infrastructure — use this option to browse the virtual environment and select workloads or workload containers to restore. If you choose a workload container, Veeam Backup & Replication will expand it to a plain workload list.
When you add a workload to the list, Veeam Backup & Replication displays information about the most recent restore point in the Restore point column. If no restore point is available for the added workload, Veeam Backup & Replication will display a warning next to this workload.
- From backup — browse existing backups and select workloads under backup jobs.
In the Backup Browser window, select workloads you want to restore and click Add.
To quickly find workloads within the created backups, you can use the search field:
- Enter a workload name or a part of it in the search field. Veeam Backup & Replication will display matches.
- If the workload is not in the list, click the Show more link to browse the backups.
- Click Point to select a restore point. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the latest valid restore points to recover the workloads. You can recover a workload to an earlier state, if necessary. If you have chosen to recover multiple workloads, you can select a restore point for each workload in the list.
In the Restore Points window, select a restore point from which you want to recover the workload.
A name of a backup repository or object storage repository where a restore point resides is displayed in brackets right after a name of a backup job.