To allow users to register new Production sites with the DR VAO server, you must assign the Production Site Registration Accounts role to local Administrators who performed VAO installation in the Production sites.
This role only allows a user to register newly-installed Production VAO sites with the DR site. This role allows no other privileges, and in fact users with only this role cannot log into the VAO UI.
- Switch to the Configuration tab.
- Navigate to Roles and Users:
- In the Sites column, select your DR VAO server.
- In the Roles column, choose Production Site Registration Accounts.
- In the Users and Groups column, click Add.
- In the Choose Account window:
- From the Account Type list, select User.
- In the Domain and Account fields, enter the name of a user who performed VAO server installation in a Production site, and domain to which the user belongs, and click Find.
For more information on the required account permissions, see Roles and Permissions.
- Select the user and click Add.
Repeat the procedure to create a user for each Production site.
For more information on granting access to the VAO UI functionality, see the Veeam Availability Orchestrator User Guide, section Assigning User Roles and Permissions.