VAO UI uses SSL to ensure secure data communication between VAO and a web browser.
When you install VAO, you can generate or choose a self-signed certificate. In this case, when you try to access the VAO UI in a web browser, the browser will display a warning notifying that the connection is untrusted (although it is secured with SSL).
To eliminate the warning, import the self-signed certificate to client machines (the machines from which you plan to access the VAO UI website).
If you want to use the certificate generated during VAO installation:
- Log in to the machine where VAO is installed.
- Open the Microsoft Management Console snap-in.
- Navigate to Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- Export the Veeam Self-Signed Certificate following the instructions provided in this Microsoft KB article.
- Import the Veeam Self-Signed Certificate to client machines.
For details on importing SSL certificates, see this Microsoft KB article.