During VAO installation, VAO Server components will be installed all together on a single machine. For more information on the components, see Architecture Overview.
Installation of Veeam Availability Orchestrator on a machine already running Veeam products is not supported.
To install VAO, perform the following steps.
- Start the setup wizard.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Choose components to install
- Provide a license file.
- Perform system configuration check.
- Specify service account credentials.
- Choose a SQL server.
- Create SQL server databases.
- Specify service ports.
- Select a certificate for VAO UI.
- Specify data locations.
- Review installation summary.
- Install Update 3 for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.
- [Optional] Install Veeam ONE Monitor Client on a separate machine.
Before You Begin
Before you begin installation, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure the machine where VAO will be installed meets the prerequisite conditions described in section System Requirements.
- Download VAO product installation VAO_1.0.iso file from the Veeam downloads page. You can burn the downloaded .iso image file to a CD/DVD or mount the installation image to the target machine using disk image emulation software.