Configuring Veeam Availability Orchestrator
To start working with VAO, perform a number of steps for its configuration:
- [Optional] Create scopes to allow access to VAO.
- [Optional] For each scope, add users to the Plan Author, Plan Operator and Administrator roles to define actions they will and will not be able to perform with VAO.
- Make sure you have NetApp volumes protected with SnapMirror replication — for more information, see the NetApp ONTAP Documentation Center. Then, connect to your NetApp storage systems.
If you use authentication configured to control access to iSCSI targets, make sure you define a list of initiators and their authentication methods for all hosts managed by the target vCenter Server connected to the target storage system.
- Connect Veeam Backup & Replication servers and vCenter Servers.
- Configure email notification settings.
- For each scope, configure items on the Plan Components page:
- Edit the list of VM groups to be used in orchestration plans.
- Select locations used to recover VM groups.
- Choose plan steps to perform while running the recovery process.
- Configure credentials under which orchestration plan steps will be launched.
- Select template jobs to reprotect VMs in orchestration plans.
- Connect DataLabs to test orchestration plans.