Step 11. Upgrade VAO UI
In case of distributed product installation, upgrade the VAO UI installed remotely after you upgrade the VAO server.
To upgrade the VAO UI, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the machine where the VAO UI component is installed. Use an account with the local Administrator rights.
- Make sure that all active VAO UI sessions are closed.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD/DVD drive or mount the installation image. The setup will open a splash screen with VAO installation options.
- Click Upgrade to launch the Veeam Availability Orchestrator Setup wizard.
- At the License Agreement step of the wizard, read and accept both the Veeam license agreement and the 3rd party components license agreement. If you reject the agreements, you will not be able to continue installation.
To read the terms of the license agreement for the 3rd party components, click View.
- The installer will automatically detect the VAO UI component of the previous version installed on the machine. At the Upgrade step of the wizard, review the component to upgrade.
- At the Service Account step of the wizard, enter credentials of the account under which the VAO Service will run. The account must be a member of the local Administrators group. The user name must be specified in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format.
- The installer will automatically detect the Microsoft SQL Server instance that was previously used to host the Veeam ONE database. The installer will also detect credentials for an account used by the VAO UI component to access the database.
At the SQL Server Instance step of the wizard, review configuration information and click Next.
- At the Ready to Install step of the wizard, click Install to begin upgrade.